How to create nuget package
How do I create a Nuget package?
In this article
- Decide which assemblies to package.
- The role and structure of the .nuspec file.
- Create the .nuspec file.
- Choose a unique package identifier and setting the version number.
- Add a readme and other files.
- Include MSBuild props and targets in a package.
- Run nuget pack to generate the .nupkg file.
- Next Steps.
How do I create a Nupkg file?
Create the package
- In command line or PowerShell, navigate to your project directory.
- Run: nuget pack Nuget.Package.Name.nuspec. If all goes well you should now have a generated .nupkg file.
- Open the generated . nupkg file in Nuget Package Manager and see if it looks correct.
How do I create a Nuget package from an existing DLL?
First, Use NuGet Package Explorer：
- Download the NuGet Package Explorer.
- Open the NuGet Package Explorer, select the create a new package.
- Add a lib folder on the content tab, and add your dlls file.
- Save the package and install it to the project, check if it add references.
How do I make a Nuget package private?
The easiest way is creating a shared folder on your server and referencing that as your Nuget Server. Another option for hosting your own NuGet server is to use JetBrains TeamCity as a build server. The setup is described here.
How do I create a local NuGet repository?
- In the Tools menu, select Options . This will open up the options dialog box.
- Find NuGet Package Manager .
- Select Package Sources .
- Click the green plus button.
- Set Name to something useful (such as Local Feed).
- Set Source to the path used above, such as C:\totally-local–nuget–feed .
- Click “Update.”
How do I use NuGet package?
You can now find and consume packages from your feed by using Visual Studio.
- In Visual Studio, find your project in the Solution Explorer.
- Right-click on your project, select References then Manage NuGet Packages.
- Select your feed from the Package source drop-down list.
- Use the search bar to look for packages.
Are NuGet packages safe?
You should absolutely be concerned about the safety of the code in a NuGet package. You should be concerned about the safety of any code you are not familiar with. For example if the package is released by Amazon and it’s an AWS SDK, then that package is probably safe to use if you trust Amazon.
What is the NuGet package URL?
The default source is nuget.org, which has the following package source URL: https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json .
Is NuGet like NPM?
What is the NuGet package source?
NuGet is a package manager that delivers compiled source code (DLLs) and other files (scripts and images) related to code. A NuGet package takes the form of a zip file with the extension . nupkg. This makes adding, updating, and removing libraries easy in Visual Studio applications.
How do I install a NuGet file?
Menu Tools → Options → Package Manager
Give a name and folder location. Click OK. Drop your NuGet package files in that folder. Go to your Project, right click and select “Manage NuGet Packages” and select your new package source.
How do I manually install a NuGet package?
Find and install a package
- Open the project/solution in Visual Studio, and open the console using the Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console command.
- Find the package you want to install. If you already know this, skip to step 3. ps Copy.
- Run the install command: ps Copy.
How do I add a package to Visual Studio?
Find and install a package
Select a package from the list to display its information, which also enables the Install button along with a version-selection drop-down. Select the desired version from the drop-down and select Install. Visual Studio installs the package and its dependencies into the project.
How do I open the package manager console in Visual Studio?
To open the console in Visual Studio, go to the main menu and select Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console command.
How do I know if NuGet is installed?
How do I check the exact version of the NuGet tools that are installed? In Visual Studio, use the Help > About Microsoft Visual Studio command and look at the version displayed next to NuGet Package Manager.
How do I launch a package manager?
You can access the Package Manager Console from within Visual Studio by going to Tools -> Library Package Manager -> Package Manager Console.
How do I open a NuGet package?
on the toolbar of the Assembly Explorer window or choose File | Open from NuGet Packages Cache in the main menu. This will open the Open from NuGet Packages Cache dialog. The dialog lists packages from all NuGet cache locations on your machine. Use the search field in the dialog to find the desired package.
What opens Nupkg?
Because NUPKG files are compressed with zip compression, you can also extract the files contained within them using zip utilities such as: Microsoft File Explorer (Windows) 7-Zip (Windows) Apple Archive Utility (Mac)
How do I run a NuGet package restore?
Restore packages manually using Visual Studio
- Enable package restore by choosing Tools > Options > NuGet Package Manager. Under Package Restore options, select Allow NuGet to download missing packages.
- In Solution Explorer, right click the solution and select Restore NuGet Packages.
How do I unzip a Nupkg?
NuPKG files are just zip files, so anything that can process a zip file should be able to process a nupkg file, i.e, 7zip. Rename it to . zip, then extract it.
How do I open a Nupkg file?
How to open file with NUPKG extension?
- Install Microsoft Visual Studio software.
- Check the version of Microsoft Visual Studio and update if needed.
- Set the default application to open NUPKG files to Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Ensure that the NUPKG file is complete and free of errors.
How do I open a Nuspec file?
You need a suitable software like NuGet from Microsoft to open a NUSPEC file. Without proper software you will receive a Windows message “How do you want to open this file?” (Windows 10) or “Windows cannot open this file” (Windows 7) or a similar Mac/iPhone/Android alert.