How do you generate a DataSource from a custom report in ECC?
Using the program of the custom report to fill in a Z table: With a minor change in the program, we can add some code to fill in a Z table. Then we can create a datasource with extraction from view. We use z table as the source.
How do I create a DataSource in SAP BW?
Navigate to Modeling tab->DataSources
. Right click on the DataSource
Right click -> Create Data Source.
- Enter Technical Name.
- Choose the DataType DataSource.
- Click Continue.
How do you check data source in ECC?
Following are the steps to perform the data
extraction from ECC
into BW systems
. We will take Logistics (Purchasing application module) in our example. Input the T code- RSA5.
- Log into BW system, go to the Datasource tab.
- Click Find to search.
- Type the datasource technical name.
- Click Search button.
How do you replicate data source from ECC to BW?
Answer for your question: goto RSA1 –> Source System –> find ECC system and check the connection whether it works fine. Later Goto DataSources –> Choose the Source System (ECC) –> and then replicate the relevant DataSource. Hope it helps! All the best for your BW learning.
How do I activate standard DataSource in ECC?
1 Answer. Go to ECC Dev : RSA5 – select and activate the required datasource and you will get it in RSA6. It is does not ask for a trasport, collect this in a transport request -this should automatically activate the datasource in RSA6 in Quality & Prod..
How do you replicate a generic data source?
Add a comment
- first install wat r the cubes u want.
- go to data source. right clik the data source.
- it will show replicate the data.
- replicate the data.
- before u use rsa3 and check whether that data source having the data or not.
- use rsa5 and check the data source activated or not.
- create infopackage.
- upload the data.
How do you replicate data sources in Hana studio?
In Specify Target system, Enter HANA system admin user name & password, host name, Instance number and click next. Enter No of Data transfer jobs like 007(it cannot be 000) → Next → Create Configuration. Now go to HANA Studio to use this connection −Go to HANA Studio → Click on Data Provisioning → choose HANA system.
What is generic extractor in SAP BW?
GENERIC EXTRACTION. Generic R/3 data extraction allows us to extract from any R/3 source system. Generic data extraction is a function in Business Content that supports the creation of. Datasources based on database views or InfoSet queries. InfoSet is similar to a view but allows outer joins between tables.
Where can I find extractor in SAP?
2 Answers. You can check the datasource in RSO2, there you can find a table, view or FM to find the tables. Another way is to check the help.sap.com for that datasource.
What is a BW extractor?
An extractor is the program in SAP ERP which can be activated to prepare and capture the data through an extract structure for transfer to BW. The extractor can be the result of a standard DataSource or a custom built DataSource.
How many types of extractions are there in SAP?
Types of SAP Extractors
There are three types of content extractors: Business Content Extractors (Application Specific): BW content FI, HR, CO, SAP CRM, LO Cockpit. Customer-Generated Extractors (Application Specific): such as LIS, FI-SL, CO-PA.
How do I create a custom extractor in SAP?
How to create the extractor (extract data)
- We must create a structure of our extractor. Go to se11, choose Data type – ZST1_TEST2 – create – Structure.
- Create fm ( more detail about fm I’ll write later) FM – it’s very important and specific step.
- The create of data sourse. Go to rso2 and fill the fields as in picture.
What is data extractor in SAP?
Extractors are part of the data retrieval mechanisms in the SAP source system. An extractor can fill the extraction structure of a DataSource with the data from SAP source system datasets. The data load process is triggered by a request IDoc to the source system when the InfoPackage is executed.
How do I extract from SAP?
Importing Metadata from SAP Tables
- From the Projects Navigator, expand the Applications node.
- Right-click the SAP source module into which you want to import metadata and select Import. Warehouse Builder displays the Welcome page for the Import Metadata Wizard.
- Click Next.
- Complete the following tasks:
How extract data from SAP ECC to bods?
Steps to release the datasource(Extractor) from SAP ECC system :
- LBWE – Activate/Maintain datasource.
- SBIW – Delete/fill setup table.
- RSA3 – to view the specific extractor data(Provide extractor name in datasource)
How do I extract data from SAP to Excel?
You can use the icon for exporting as a shortcut. All you have to do is to click on the exporting icon, which is an arrow pointing to the right, then select the spreadsheet button. Once that happens, your SAP data will be exported to Excel without a problem.
How do I automatically import data from SAP to Excel?
right-click on the SAP report you’re reviewing. It will then ask what type of export you wantselect “spreadsheet”and it will give you two more options of the type of data (I believe one is HTML)select which is best suited for you. You will then be given a default file in which it will place the download.
How do I export data from SAP HANA to excel?
Export / Import data from SAP HANA to MS Excel using OData
- We will create an OData-Service that gives us the data we want to export. For this we need a table or view that gives us some data.
- We need to connect the OData Service to Excel.
- We need to select what we want to import to Excel.
- Additional Information.
How do you reset export to Excel in SAP?
As mentioned by Mike Kostek, it is working!
- simply just execute any report,
- Right click anywhere in the report.
- Select the “Spreadsheet” from the pop up box.
- Now you are able to export to Excel with your chosen option.
- Once above action done, the ” Always use selected format ” shall be turn unchecked!
How do I change the default settings in SAP?
You can make additional settings for the RE Navigator. In the menu of the RE Navigator, choose Extras → Settings. If you want to adopt the default settings from Customizing, select the Use System Settings indicator.
How do I export a spreadsheet in SAP?
In full-screen mode, choose List → Export → Spreadsheet. If you have a choice of more than one format, the Select Spreadsheet dialog box opens. 2. In the Select Spreadsheet dialog box, select the format in which you want to save the exported data.