How to create a subdomain in godaddy
How do I setup a subdomain in GoDaddy?
Create a subdomain
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- Below the Records section, select Add.
- Select A from the Type drop-down menu.
- Complete the required fields:
- Select Save to save your record.
Are subdomains free on GoDaddy?
What is the cost to create a subdomain in Godaddy? It is absolutely free. You don’t need to purchase a new domain name to create a subdomain.
How do I create a subdomain?
What is a Subdomain Name & How to Create One
- Log in to cPanel.
- Locate the Domains section then, click Subdomains.
- In the subdomain field, enter the subdomain name you want.
- In the drop-down, select the domain where you wish to create the subdomain.
- The field for Document Root will auto-fill after filling out the Subdomain field.
- Hit the Create button.
How does subdomain work GoDaddy?
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name (root domain). You can use subdomains for different sections of your website. For example, if you have a website just for shopping, which is part of your website yourdomain.com (root domain), you might use the subdomain shop.yourdomain.com.
How many subdomains can I have with GoDaddy?
Each domain name can have up to 500 subdomains. You can also add multiple levels of subdomains, such as info.blog.yoursite.com. A subdomain can be up to 255 characters long, but if you have multiple levels in your subdomain, each level can only be 63 characters long.
Do I need to register a subdomain?
Simple answer: No, you do not need to register a separate domain name for your subdomain. Depending on your domain name provider, there will be options to create additional subdomains.