How do I create a dashboard folder in Salesforce?
Create a new dashboard folder called Global Sales Dashboards:
- Click the Dashboards tab.
- Click New Folder and enter the details.
- For Folder Label, enter Global Sales Dashboards .
- Click in the Folder Unique Name text box to auto-populate the unique name.
- Click Save.
How do I create a dashboard folder in Salesforce lightning?
Create a new dashboard folder called Global Sales Dashboards: Click the Dashboards tab. Click New Folder and enter the details. For Folder Label, enter Global Sales Dashboards .
Can you create subfolders in Salesforce?
Here are some things Salesforce say we need to keep in mind if we want to start using subfolders in Salesforce. Creating a subfolder is just like creating a regular folder. Go into the report or dashboard folder where you want to create the subfolder, and click New Folder. Name the folder, and click Save.
Where is the root folder in Salesforce?
Locating the Box for Salesforce Root Folder ID
- Log into Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Navigate to Setup:
- Navigate to Develop > Custom Settings:
- Click on “Manage” next to Folder Details:
- Click on “Edit” next to “Salesforce“:
- The “Salesforce” entry corresponds to info about your root folder (name and ID):
How do I hide a report folder in Salesforce?
Hello Lucy, yes you can hide report folders. If you hover over the name of the report folder you will see the down arrow, click on the arrow and select “Edit”. You can select “This folder is hidden from all users”.
Can you hide reports in Salesforce?
You can show or hide report details from either the run reports page or the report builder. When you hide details, individual records don’t display in the report. Groupings, summary formulas, and record counts remain visible.
How do I give access to a folder in Salesforce?
Go to the Report tab -> Find the report folder you want share, Click the little Aero icon -> Select Share. Follow the screenshot below. Click Share -> For Select the folder access level for the user, role, group, or territory, Here I choose View -> Click Done. Follow the screenshots below.
How do I hide a report from a user in Salesforce?
Type “Reports” In the Quick Find search box in the top left hand corner of your screen, and you will see the Reports & Dashboards options under the Customize side tab. Uncheck the Enable access levels for sharing report and dashboard folders check box in order to disable access levels and click Save.
How do I hide Standard report types in Salesforce?
In the Spring ’14 release, Salesforce gave us the ability to hide unused report types.
Hide Unused Report Types
- Click Reports | New Report…
- Check the box titled Select Report Types to Hide.
- Click the check mark to change it to an X and hide the report type.
How do you hide a report type?
Here is the current workaround:
- Switch to Classic experience.
- Navigate to the “Reports” tab.
- Click “New Report“
- Check the “Select Report Types to Hide” option (requires the “Manage Custom Report Types” permission)
- Toggle any desired report types to hidden (the X icon).
What are report types in Salesforce?
The four types of Salesforce reports are Tabular, Matrix, Summary, and Joined. They will allow your Salesforce administrator to pull, send, and review the data in your Salesforce account in different formats. Below, we’ll expand on what each type of report is and how it displays the data.
What options does an administrator have in customizing reports?
12.1- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report (e.g., report type, report format, fields, summarizing data, filtering data, charting, scheduling, conditional highlighting)
How do you create a custom report type?
What are custom report types?
Custom Report Types are a fantastically easy way to create complex, dynamic reports that go beyond standard Salesforce reports.. A report type can be looked at as a template or framework that tells Salesforce which objects/relationships to look at and which fields to grab.
In which two locations can a system administrator assign a page layout?
System Administrator assign page layout in Profile.
Where can a system administrator assign a page layout Choose 2 answers?
Answer. In the Page Layouts section, click the Page Layout Assignment button. Click the Edit Assignment button. Click System Administrator in the list, and select Expense Mobile Layout in the Page Layout To Use dropdown list.
What action can a user with the standard system administrator profile take?
Which action can a user with the standard system administrator profile take? Assign, custom profiles to users, reset all users passwords, assign feature license to users.
What is publisher layout in Salesforce?
Global publisher layouts determine the global actions that appear in the various Salesforce interfaces. In Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience, these layouts customize the actions on global pages (like the Home page) and on the Chatter page. Global publisher layouts can include global actions only.
What are the 4 types of publisher actions?
About Publisher Actions
- Create actions let users create records.
- Log a call actions let users record the details of phone calls or other customer interactions.
- Update actions let users make changes to a record from the record’s feed or from the publisher.
How do you deploy global action?
Salesforce Admin’s are able to create new Global Actions and assign them to Global Publisher Layouts. To do this, go to Setup / Create / Global Actions / Global Actions then create and assign your new Action.
How do I add a global action?
How to add a Global Action to a Custom Page
- Go to setup –> In the Quick Find look for Global –> Global Actions.
- From here you can click New Action or Edit or View any existing action.
- The Send Email is the one I mentioned above and is the one I will use for this example.
How do you add lightning components in global action?
Create a Global Action in Setup, User Interface | Global Actions.
- Action Type: Select “Lightning Component”
- Lightning Component: Select the lightning component you created in Step 2.
- Height: Specify the height in pixels.
- Label: Provide a name of the global action.
- Name: This is the API name.