Why can’t I add Page Numbers in Word?
Scroll to the first page of your Table of Contents. If you’re not in the Header and Footer view, select the Insert tab, click Footer and click Edit Footer. … Make sure the Design tab is still selected. With the cursor in the footer, click Page Number and then Format Page Numbers.
How do I start numbering on page 3 in Word?
Step 2: Insert page numbers
- Put the cursor in the footer of page 3.
- Go to the tab “Insert” and click on the button “Page Number” How to insert a page number (c) Screenshot.
- Choose your preferred design. By default, MS Word inserts page number 3. …
- Click on “Format Page Numbers” …
- Choose “Start at”
How do I add page numbers in Word without deleting the Footer?
Method #1: Insert Page Number in the Footer
For instance, go to the Page Number menu (Insert>Page Number) and then click on either Bottom of Page, Page Margins, or Current Position. This will put the page number where you want, and leave the Header untouched.
How do I put page numbers on certain pages?
At the top of the page, before the first line/word, click on the document to place your curser. Then choose Page Layout from the top menu. Next select Breaks – Next Page. Now choose Insert from the top menu and then select Page Numbers and then choose how you want them to appear in the document.
How do you change page 1 to 2nd in Word?
Start page numbering later in your document
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Select Different First Page. …
- In the header or footer area, you should see a label on the first page that says First Page Header. …
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do I make page 1 in Word 3?
To ensure your pages begin with 1, go to the Insert tab → Page Number. Select Format Page Numbers… → Page numbering → Start at and add 1.