What is a site in Salesforce?
Salesforce Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization—without requiring users to log in with a username and password. You can publicly expose any information stored in your organization through a branded URL of your choice.
Can you host a website on Salesforce?
You can use Force.com Sites (also known as Salesforce Sites) to run your company’s website. With Sites, Salesforce gives you a web server, hosting, and integration between your website and your salesforce organization. Sites is included (at no extra charge) in Developer, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.
How do I create a public page in Salesforce?
STEP TO CREATE PUBLIC VISUALFORCE PAGE
- First go to Setup > Develop > Sites,
- Next step register your Force.com subdomain name,
- After that create a new Force.com Site.
- Next to ‘Site Visualforce Pages‘ click Edit.
- Finally, add your page to the list of Enabled Visualforce Pages.