Can I create my own SSL certificate?
Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) If you need an official SSL certificate, you send it to an official certificate authority (CA). They use the CSR to generate an official certificate. We, however, will use this request to generate a certificate ourselves, a self-signed certificate.
How do I get an SSL certificate?
How To Order An SSL Certificate
- Prepare by getting your server set up and getting your WHOIS record updated (it needs to show the correct company name and address), etc.
- Generate the CSR on the server.
- Submit the CSR and other info to the Certificate Authority.
- Have your domain and company validated.
- Receive and install the issued certificate.
How do I create a free SSL certificate?
Create a Certificate on sslforfree.com
Open https://www.sslforfree.com in Google Chrome browser. It will display the web page as below. In the text box, enter the fully qualified domain name of your website e.g. www.tutorialsteacher.com. Click on the Create Free SSL Certificate button.