How to create extra storage
How do I make more storage?
8 Foolproof Places to Find Extra Storage Space at Home
- Get over it. 1/8. In many places in the house, there’s often a good two feet between the ceiling and the top of shelving units, bookcases, and cabinets.
- Go under it. 2/8.
- Take it outside. 3/8.
- Use stairs to stow. 4/8.
- Use doors to store. 5/8.
- Employ vertical thinking. 6/8.
- Take a seat. 7/8.
- Be creative with containers. 8/8.
How do I add storage to a small space?
To gain more storage out of small spaces, consider simple add-ons to basic storage solutions. Take this narrow shelf addition, for example. This small, notched-back shelf offers just enough room for glass canisters that store oft-used items close at hand.
How do you organize a small house with no storage?
How to Get Organized When You Live in a Small House
- Purge like crazy. Declutter often.
- Separate rooms into zones. Often times in a small space, one room has to serve many purposes.
- Maximize closet space.
- Look for ways to use space creatively.
- Get items off the floor.
- Utilize vertical space.
- Be very choosy about what you allow to come into your house.
How do you declutter a small bedroom?
How to Organize a Clutter-Free Small Bedroom
- Think Like a Minimalist.
- Keep Your Nightstand Clear.
- Use the Space Under Your Bed.
- Establish a Decluttering Routine.
- Use Vertical Space.
- Keep Shoes in One Place.