How to create database in putty
How do I select a database in PuTTY?
Start by logging-in using a SSH client, like PuTTY, to access the shell command line. Below when you see # it means from the unix shell. And when you see mysql> it means from a MySQL prompt after logging into MySQL.
How can I create a database?
Create a blank database
- On the File tab, click New, and then click Blank Database.
- Type a file name in the File Name box.
- Click Create.
- Begin typing to add data, or you can paste data from another source, as described in the section Copy data from another source into an Access table.
How do you show database?
Show MySQL Databases
The most common way to get a list of the MySQL databases is by using the mysql client to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW DATABASES command. If you haven’t set a password for your MySQL user you can omit the -p switch.
How do you create a database table?
Create a new table in an existing database
- Click File > Open, and click the database if it is listed under Recent. If not, select one of the browse options to locate the database.
- In the Open dialog box, select the database that you want to open, and then click Open.
- On the Create tab, in the Tables group, click Table.
How do you insert data into a table?
To insert records into a table, enter the key words insert into followed by the table name, followed by an open parenthesis, followed by a list of column names separated by commas, followed by a closing parenthesis, followed by the keyword values, followed by the list of values enclosed in parenthesis.
What is the difference between a table and a database?
A table is an object inside a database. database is a collection of several components like tables, indexes, stored procedures and so on. A table is a two dimensional structure that contains several columns and rows. It is contains all the data in form of several records.
How do I display a table in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables; Code language: SQL (Structured Query Language) (sql)
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I get a list of databases in SQL Server?
To view a list of databases on an instance of SQL Server
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- To see a list of all databases on the instance, expand Databases.
What is the format to insert date in SQL?
SQL Date Data Types
DATE – format YYYY-MM-DD. DATETIME – format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS. TIMESTAMP – format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS.
How do I get a list of table names in SQL?
- SELECT TABLE_NAME.
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- WHERE TABLE_TYPE = ‘BASE TABLE‘ AND TABLE_SCHEMA=’dbName’
How can I see all tables in SQL?
The easiest way to see all tables in the database is to query the all_tables view: SELECT owner, table_name FROM all_tables; This will show the owner (the user) and the name of the table. You don’t need any special privileges to see this view, but it only shows tables that are accessible to you.
How do I get a list of table names in MySQL?
How to find the name of all tables in MySQL database
- mysql> SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_type = ‘base table‘ AND table_schema=’test’;
- | employee |
- | role |
- | user |
- | department |
- | employee |
- | role |
- | user |
How do you display names in SQL?
If you want to know how many tables are present in your database and the details of the table like TABLE_SCHEMA, TABLE_TYPE and all.
- Syntax (When we have only single database):
- Syntax (When we have multiple databases): Select * from database_name.schema_name.table_name.
How do I merge first and last names in SQL?
- select FirstName +’ ‘+ MiddleName +’ ‘ + Lastname as Name from TableName.
- select CONCAT(FirstName , ‘ ‘ , MiddleName , ‘ ‘ , Lastname) as Name from TableName.
- select Isnull(FirstName,’ ‘) +’ ‘+ Isnull(MiddleName,’ ‘)+’ ‘+ Isnull(Lastname,’ ‘) from TableName.
How do I get column names in SQL?
Tip Query to get all column names from database table in SQL
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME.
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Your Table Name‘
- ORDER BY ORDINAL_POSITION.
How do you write between in SQL?
The BETWEEN operator selects values within a given range. The values can be numbers, text, or dates. The BETWEEN operator is inclusive: begin and end values are included.
Is like in SQL?
The LIKE operator is used in a WHERE clause to search for a specified pattern in a column. There are two wildcards often used in conjunction with the LIKE operator: The percent sign (%) represents zero, one, or multiple characters. The underscore sign (_) represents one, single character.
How do I join 3 tables in SQL?
Using JOIN in SQL doesn’t mean you can only join two tables.
Joining 3 Tables Using a Junction Table
- The first step is to look at the schema and select the columns we want to show.
- The next step is to determine which tables will be necessary for the query.
- In the final part, we’ll have to join all the tables together.