Can I have more than one dropbox folder on my computer?
When you link two Dropbox accounts, you can easily switch between them anywhere you use Dropbox without signing out of one and signing into the other every time you want to switch. You can link your accounts, and switch between them, on dropbox.com and the Dropbox apps on any device.
How do you create a new file folder?
Create a folder
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- At the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Folder.
- Name the folder.
- Tap Create.
How do I move files from Dropbox to my desktop?
How to move files on Dropbox between computers
- Sign in to the Dropbox desktop app with the same Dropbox account on both computers, and let files download automatically from one computer to another.
- Drag files manually from one computer to a portable storage device (like an external hard drive), and then from this device to the other computer.
How do I move files from one Dropbox account to another?
Move files between two Dropbox accounts
- Sign in to the account that has the files you’d like to move.
- Create a shared folder and invite your second account.
- Manually move files by dragging and dropping them into your newly created shared folder.
- Sign out of this account.
How many free Dropbox accounts can I have?
Free Dropbox accounts can only connect to three devices. It’s not great, but there are workarounds. The device limit didn’t always exist—Dropbox imposed it back in 2019. It makes sense if you didn’t notice it back then: it only applied to new devices, so anything already set up wasn’t subject to the limit.
How do I sync Dropbox accounts?
Get started syncing your files with Dropbox
- Create an account. To get started, go to dropbox.com and create an account.
- Download and sign in to the apps. Once you have a Dropbox account, you can download the Dropbox desktop app to your computer or download the Dropbox mobile app to your phone or tablet.
- Sync your files.
How do I automatically sync Dropbox?
To turn on automatic Smart Sync:
- Open your Dropbox desktop app preferences.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Under Save hard drive space automatically, select On. If you’re on a Dropbox Business team, and you prefer your admin manage this setting for you Let my admin manage this setting.
Can I give someone access to my Dropbox?
How do I invite people to view my files? If you need someone to be able to see your files, but not edit them, you can send them a link to that file, or you can give them view-only permissions. When you share a link with someone, they can view the file or folder on dropbox.com.
Can multiple users use the same Dropbox account?
The Dropbox Family plan has 2 TB of storage space that can be shared by up to 6 members, ages 13 and older. Each Family plan member can access and share the files and folders stored in their Dropbox accounts from any device, using the Dropbox desktop app, mobile app, and dropbox.com.
Is Dropbox better than Google Drive?
Additionally, Dropbox gives you the option to allow users to keep a copy of the files you’re revoking access to, while Google Drive doesn’t. Overall, Dropbox and Google are both good at sharing files, but Dropbox handles the transition more smoothly when someone leaves your team.
How many users can share a Dropbox account?
The number of devices a Basic user can link to their Dropbox account is three. Those on the Professional, Plus or Family plan can link an unlimited number of devices. Dropbox Business users are also able to link an unlimited number of devices.