How do I create a compressed file?
To create a zip file in Windows:
- Select the files you want to add to the zip file. Selecting files.
- Right-click one of the files. A menu will appear.
- In the menu, click Send to and select Compressed (zipped) folder. Creating a zip file.
- A zip file will appear. If you want, you can type a new name for the zip file.
What is compressed file and folder?
Compressed folders are useful for reducing the file size of one or more large files, thus freeing disk space and reducing the time it takes to transfer files to another PC computer over the Internet or network. A compressed folder is denoted by a zippered folder icon.
How do you zip a folder?
- Find the file or folder you want to zip on your computer (desktop, h drive, flash drive, etc.)
- Press and hold or right-click on the file or folder (to select multiple files, hold down the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and click on each file you wish to zip)
- Select “send to”
- Select “Compressed (zipped) folder“
How do I compress a folder in Windows 10?
How to zip files in Windows 10
- Put all the files you want to zip in the same location, such as the same folder.
- Select all the files.
- Right-click one of the selected files.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Send to” and then click “Compressed (zipped) folder.”
- A new zip file will appear in the same folder.