How do you create an ASM instance?
To create an ASM instance first create a file called “init+ASM. ora” in the “/tmp” directory containing the following information. Next, using SQL*Plus connect to the ide instance. Create an spfile using the contents of the “init+ASM.
How do I connect an ASM instance in 11gR2?
To create an ASM instance first create pfile, init+ASM. ora, in the /tmp directory, containing the following parameter. Next, connect to the ideal instance. Create a spfile using the contents of the init+ASM.
How do I create ASM Diskgroup in 11gR2?
CREATE DISKGROUP MANUAL in 11gR2
- CREATING ORACLEASM DISKS using ‘oracleasm createdisk’ command as root.
- VERIFYING ASK DISK LABEL BY PROVIDING DISK.
- VERIFYING DISK USING listdiks.
- CREATING THE DISK GROUP IN COMMAND PROMPT.
- ON NODE#2 if you run the same queries on the second node, it shows there is no disk group with the name.
What is ASM instance in Oracle?
An Oracle ASM instance is built on the same technology as an Oracle Database instance. An Oracle ASM instance has a System Global Area (SGA) and background processes that are similar to those of Oracle Database. Oracle ASM and database instances require shared access to the disks in a disk group.
What is ASM mirroring and types?
If you specify mirroring for a file, then Oracle ASM automatically stores redundant copies of the file extents in separate failure groups. There are three types of disk groups based on the Oracle ASM redundancy level.
How do I check my ASM instance status?
Verify the ASM setup
- Change to the Oracle Clusterware/Grid Infrastructure home directory: For Oracle RAC 10g Release 2/Oracle RAC 11g Release 1: # cd $CRS_HOME/bin.
- Verify the status of ASM on all the nodes in the cluster: # ./srvctl status asm ASM instance +ASM1 is running on node galaxy.
How do I bring down an ASM instance?
The Oracle ASM shutdown process is initiated when you run the SHUTDOWN command in SQL*Plus. Before you run this command, ensure that the ORACLE_SID environment variable is set to the Oracle ASM SID so that you can connect to the local Oracle ASM instance.
How do I query ASM instance?
- Running ASMCA Command-Line.
- ASMCA Commands for Instances and Disk Groups. Configure an Oracle ASM Instance. Configure Parameters for a Specified Instance. Delete Oracle ASM Instances. Create a Disk Group. Add a Disk to a Disk Group. Edit Oracle ASM Disk Group Attributes. Create Oracle ASM Filter Driver Labels.
How do I copy an ASM file system?
Method 1 : Using ASMCMD Utility
In this method, we are copying the datafile “TS1. 256.739191187” in diskgroup DG1 from ASM to “ts2. dbf” on to the file system.
How do I know if my database is ASM?
You can also query V$ASM_DISK. >>Can you tell me how to get the ASM instance name also? By default it will be +ASM (for single instance. For RAC it will be +ASM1 or +ASMnode).