Can you create routes on Strava for free?
Strava’s route builder is also moving behind a paywall. You can still view previously saved routes or save others users’ routes for free, but creating new routes and editing existing routes now requires a subscription.
Can you create a route on the Strava app?
Creating Routes: First things first, ensure you‘re on the latest version of the Strava app. For iOS users, you need to be at 143.0. 0 or higher, and for Android users should be the same as well.
How do I create a GPX route from Strava?
You can create a Strava route from a GPX file by selecting Dashboard from the top navigation menu on the Strava website > My Routes > Create New Route. Click the upload button highlighted below and choose the GPX file you would like to use to create a route.
Can you save someone else’s route on Strava?
Strava provides the option for subscribers to download or export the route data of another Strava athlete’s activity. On any activity page you‘re viewing, you‘ll see a GPX Download button located at the top-right corner of the activity’s map (highlighted below).
How do I export a route from Strava?
Strava provides the option to export the original version of the activity file from any of your Activity pages.
- Navigate to one of your Activity pages and from the more (ellipses) menu, select “Export Original”.
- The activity file will be downloaded to your computer in whatever file format it was originally uploaded in.
How do I download a route from strava to my phone?
Tap “Select a Route” on the Map tab of the Record screen and pick your day’s adventure. Routes that you create or star at Strava.com will automatically show up in your Routes list on your mobile device. Once you’re on your way, the Strava mobile app will keep you on course.
How do you create a GPX file?
It requires 3 steps.
- Step 1: Add Data to The Map. Use the drawing tools to add lines and shapes to the map.
- Step 2: Save The Map. Save the map by going to menu > Save map.
- Step 3: Export to GPX. Save the map by going to menu > Save GPX.
Can I create a route on Garmin Connect?
It’s really easy to create a custom route for running or cycling through Garmin Connect. Open up Garmin Connect on your phone. Expand the side menu and tap on training > courses. You’ll see a list of your courses with the option to “create course” at the top.
How do I create a route on Garmin Connect app?
How do I export a GPX file to my Garmin?
How to Export GPX Files in Garmin Explore App
- Open Garmin Explore App.
- Select a Category or Collection.
- Select an item. Note: If exporting a whole Collection, stay on this page.
- Select Share.
- Select a share destination.
How do I export a route from Garmin Connect?
Export Reports in Garmin Connect
- Sign in to your Garmin Connect account from a personal computer (go to connect.garmin.com).
- Once signed in select Reports on the left side of the screen.
- Select a specific category you want to export data from.
- Select to export from 7 days, 4 weeks, 6 months, 1 year.
- Select Export.
How do I download a GPX file to Garmin Connect app?
- Download the Garmin Connect app and register. The Garmin Connect app on your phone will automatically sync courses to your Garmin device via Bluetooth.
- Download or create a GPX file.
- Import the GPX or TCX file into Garmin Connect.
- Sync your device and your phone.
- Select the route via your Garmin Device.
How does a GPX file work?
A GPX file, also known as a GPS Exchange Format file, is simply a text file with geographic information such as waypoints, tracks, and routes saved in it. You can use GPX files to transfer that information between GPS units and computers.
What app do I need to download a GPX file?
BikeGPX is a super simple app for putting GPX route files on your phone and following them on your bike. Download it now free for iPhone and Android.
Where can I download a GPX file?
Recommended sites with GPS trail data in GPX format
- EveryTrail.com – A newer site with lots of GPX data.
- MapMyFitness.com – Runners can share routes or download and view them in ExpertGPS.
- GPX Resources at TopoGrafix.com – At the bottom of the page you’ll find additional Web pages that offer data in GPX format.
How do I follow a GPX file?
For Android version, just go to the Navigation menu by tapping Navigation button, then choose Options-> GPX route. For iOS version, go to the Navigation menu by tapping Navigation button, then choose Options-> Follow trip. You’ll be able to select a GPX track to follow. Tap Go and start your trip.
How do I open a GPX file on my computer?
To import the data into HomePort using Windows:
- Open HomePort.
- Click File in the menu bar.
- Click Import into My Collection.
- Locate and select the file with the extension . gpx.
- Click Open.