How do you reset an iphone to factory settings
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Those steps to factory resetting your iPhone are listed again below if you need them in an easier-to-read format:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘Erase all content and settings’
- Enter passcode/Face ID/fingerprint.
- Tap ‘Erase iPhone/iPad’
- Enter Apple ID password.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now factory reset.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without passcode?
How to reset your iPhone using iTunes
- Plug your phone into your computer.
- Select “summary” from the menu on the left.
- Select “restore iPhone”
- Confirm your decision and wait for the process to finish.
Does a factory reset delete everything iPhone?
Well, the answer is yes, it will delete all data that is stored on your device including apps, contacts, call logs, notes, and much more. Moreover, PhoneRescue for iOS can be your best choice to recover lost data on iPhone after the factory reset.
How do I reset my iPhone to factory settings without iCloud or password?
Reset iPhone without iCloud Password via PhoneRescue for iOS
- Connect your iPhone to the Computer. …
- Choose the Reset Mode. …
- Enter in Recovery Mode. …
- Download the Firmware Package. …
- Reset/Erase your iPhone.
How do I delete data from my old iPhone without deleting my new iPhone?
How to Clear Old iPhone Completely?
- Go to Settings app > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID passcode. …
- Depending on your device, it may take a few minutes to complete the process.
How do you erase everything on your phone?
Press the Menu button and tap Settings. Scroll down and tap Privacy. Tap Factory Data Reset. Check Erase Internal Storage to erase all the data on the phone’s internal storage.
How do you delete everything?
Will a factory reset on my old phone affect my new phone?
But the process for most current Android phones should be pretty much the same. Needless to say, first make sure that all of your data is transferred to your new phone, backed up, or both. Once your old phone has reset, there’s no going back.
Will erasing my old phone affect my new one?
Erasing the old device will not affect the new one. That is necessary for you to be able to wipe the device.
How do I clear everything off my iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
Tap Get Started, follow the onscreen instructions, then return to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I permanently delete iPhone data?
Steps to Factory Reset iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap and follow General > Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- A dialog box appears, click Erase Now.
- Enter Passcode and your Apple ID password, when prompted. This will wipe iPhone completely and turn off the device.
How do I wipe my phone before selling it?
Go to Settings > Security or Lock Screen Security > Screen Lock and change the type to None. Step 2: Remove your Google account from the device. Go to Settings > Users and Accounts, tap your account and then remove. Step 3: If you have a Samsung device, remove your Samsung account from the phone or tablet as well.