How do I change my default browser from Chrome to Internet Explorer?
Navigate to Tools>Internet options>programs and click “Make Default Browser.” (optional: you can also check “Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the Default…” so that you will receive that aforementioned prompt if your default browser is changed again.)
How do I set IE as my default browser in Windows 10?
How to Set IE as the Default Browser in Windows 10
- In the Windows Start Menu search bar, enter Default apps, then select Default apps in the search results.
- In the Default apps window, go to the Web browser section and select the current browser.
- Select Internet Explorer. …
- Close the settings window.
How do I change from edge to Internet Explorer?
Choose Default Apps, then scroll down to Web browser. Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, which will probably be Microsoft Edge. From within this list, select Internet Explorer 11, or any other web browser that you already have installed, from the list of apps that appears.
Can I use Internet Explorer and Google Chrome at the same time?
You can also add Google Chrome and a few others without causing problems to your computer. … They are called browsers, and yes you can use both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on the same computer at the same time. You can also add Google Chrome and a few others without causing problems to your computer.
How do I get links to open in Chrome instead of Internet Explorer?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs. Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
How do I get Internet Explorer to open links instead of Edge?
Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel. Find and open Default programs, then select Set default programs. Select your preference in the left-hand column, then Set this program as default.
Is Microsoft Edge the same as Internet Explorer?
Even though Edge is a web browser, like Google Chrome and the latest Firefox release, it does not support NPAPI plug-ins needed to run applications like Topaz Elements. … The Edge icon, a blue letter “e,” is similar to the Internet Explorer icon, but they are separate applications.
How do I stop Edge from being my default browser?
How to Stop Edge from Launching Automatically on Login
- Step 1: Change the Settings in Edge. …
- Step 2: Check if Edge Is Listed as a Background App. …
- Step 3: Disable Edge’s Scheduled Update Tasks. …
- Step 4: Make Sure Edge Isn’t the Default Browser. …
- Step 5: Edit the Registry.
How do I stop Internet Explorer from taking over Edge?
Launch Microsoft Edge and go to Settings. Navigate to Default browser, and locate Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge. Set this option to Never.
How do I disable Microsoft Edge and use Internet Explorer?
- Go to Control Panel > Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, select the Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Clear the checkbox next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Click Yes in the pop-up dialog box.
- Click OK and then restart the system.
Why does my Internet Explorer keep going to Microsoft Edge?
When a user goes to a site that is incompatible with Internet Explorer, they will be automatically redirected to Microsoft Edge. This article describes the user experience for redirection and the group policies that are used to configure or disable automatic redirection.
How do I stop Internet Explorer from automatically opening in Windows 10?
How to Completely Disable Internet Explorer in Windows 10
- Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Choose Programs & Features.
- In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
- Press OK.
How can I disable Internet Explorer?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start and open Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Optional features.
- In the list of installed features, locate Internet Explorer 11. Click on the entry, then click Uninstall.
- Wait for the Latest Actions section to indicate reboot required.
- Restart the computer.