How do I locate a car by VIN number?
How to Track a Car by the VIN
- Go to the Carfax website to obtain a detailed report on the vehicle you want to track (see Resources below). …
- Determine the vehicle’s whereabouts. …
- Visit the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles Web site. …
- Drive to the owner’s address. …
- Wait for the owner to return if you don’t see the car.
Can you lookup who owns a car by VIN number?
VIN is also used to find out who owns a vehicle. Not anyone can make this inquiry within valid and legal means because some places protect this information as a privilege and even a right by the vehicle owner. … Usually, their investigation can give you information such as the name, address, and phone number.
How can I find a car I once owned?
Find the Car with the VIN. The best way to find a car you previously owned is to use the VIN. With the VIN, you can check the current owner of the car easily. While you might get lucky and find your car without the VIN, having the VIN makes everything a million times easier.
How can I track my car with Google Maps?
Find where you’re parked
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap the search bar. Parking location.
- On the bottom, tap Directions .
How do you track down a car?
Visit a reverse VIN or license plate research website like License-Plate-Search.org. This service gives you the owner information from the current license plate or VIN. You can also go to a complete car history report site like Carfax.com.