How to create schema in sql developer
How do I create a schema in SQL Developer?
To create a new schema from Oracle SQL Developer:
- Download and install Oracle SQL Developer. See Connect SQL Developer.
- Configure Oracle SQL Developer.
- Connect with Oracle SQL Developer.
- Execute the create user statement.
- Grant specific access to the new schema user.
- Verify schema creation.
What is a schema in SQL Developer?
A schema is a collection of database objects. A schema is owned by a database user and has the same name as that user. Schema objects are logical structures created by users. You can create and manipulate schema objects with SQL or with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
How do I create a schema object?
When creating schema objects, you must observe the schema object naming rules in Oracle Database SQL Language Reference. In the SQL*Plus environment, you can enter a DDL statement after the SQL> prompt. In the SQL Developer environment, you can enter a DDL statement in the Worksheet.
How does SQL Developer connect to schema?
First, define a SQL Developer connection as the user adwc_user to a database in your Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud.
- Open SQL Developer on your local computer. In the Connections panel, right-click Connections and select New Connection.
- The New/Select Database Connection dialog appears.
- Click Test.
- Click Connect.
How do you set a current schema?
Example 1: The following statement sets the CURRENT SCHEMA special register. EXEC SQL SET SCHEMA RICK; Example 2: The following example retrieves the current value of the CURRENT SCHEMA special register into the host variable called CURSCHEMA. EXEC SQL SELECT CURRENT SCHEMA INTO :CURSCHEMA FROM SYSIBM.
How do I get the HR schema in SQL Developer?
Unlocking the HR Account. Connecting to Oracle Database as User HR from SQL*Plus. Connecting to Oracle Database as User HR from SQL Developer.
Connecting to Oracle Database as User HR from SQL Developer
- For Connection Name, enter hr_conn .
- For Username, enter HR .
- For Password, enter the password for the HR account.