How do I write a press release?
Conclusion: how to send a press release email to journalists
Make sure your press release is newsworthy and error-free. Figure out which journalists will be interested in your story and find their contact details. Send your press release at the right time to increase the chances of it getting noticed.
Does Word have a press release template?
Got a new product or update? Launch it using this press release template in Word. This Word press release template is formatted to help you easily share product details, reviews, and availability as well as contact and company information.
What is a press release template?
12 Templates. A press release template is an official news announcement sent to journalists, often used to generate publicity. Whether you’re ready to announce product launches, events, or new hires, we offer a variety of premade Press Release PDF Templates that are perfect for your company.
How do I write a single press release?
How To Write a Press Release for a Music Release: 6 Critical Points
- Know when to use a press release.
- Include relevant details.
- Develop a compelling title.
- Proofread your press release.
- Keep it simple.
- Avoid self-promotion.
What are the elements of a press release?
The 5 Components of a Successful Press Release
- Relevant timing. Before reaching out to reporters, do some research around your proposed launch date and figure out if there is anything big happening in the space around the same time.
- Compelling headline.
- Informative lead paragraph.
- Supporting quotes.
- Clear call to action.
What are the 7 steps to a press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
What are three qualities of a good press release?
Here are some characteristics of successful press releases:
- It’s nimble. Successful messages are built to fit multiple formats.
- It’s atomized. Your audience doesn’t live in one place, and neither should your press releases and other content.
- It’s useful. Content needs to interest, inform, or entertain the audience
What is a successful press release?
It should be: Real news, not an ad for your business. Write in the expected press release format, allowing journalists to easily turn it into a story. Be error-free. Have a call to action based on what the goal of your press release is.
What does a good press release look like?
The beginning of a press release — just as with a magazine article, book or promotional pamphlet — is the most important. A strong headline (and, for that matter, email subject line when you send out the pitch) will pull in journalists seeking good stories. Your headline should be as engaging as it is accurate.
Where do you send press releases?
Here are the three best press release distribution services for small businesses in 2020:
- Send2Press: Best for Direct-to-Editor Press Release Distribution & Writing Services.
- eReleases: Best for Affordable Press Release Writing & Distribution.
- PRWeb: Best for Affordable Multichannel Distribution.
Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
Journalists don’t have time to open documents; that’s whether they’re PDFs or Word Docs. Copy and paste the headline of your press release into the subject line and then paste the rest of the press release into the body of your email.
Are press releases worth it?
Is it worth spending your time dealing with a press release? The short answer is yes. Press Releases are still relevant and probably will be for a long time to come, not only for search engine optimization, but for marketing, in general.
What is the best day to release a press release?
According to our data: The best day to send a press release is on Thursday. The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm.
What is the slowest news day?
Feeling inundated by news lately? You would have loved April 11, 1954, when almost nothing happened.
Why is there a 30 at the end of press releases?
In short, –30– means “the end.” It’s used to indicate that a press release doesn’t continue, particularly at a page break.
What does ### mean in a press release?
Three number signs/pound symbols (###), centered directly above the boilerplate or underneath the body copy in a press release, indicating to media that there is no further copy to come.
How do you write a boilerplate press release?
5. Write the Boilerplate Draft
- Be specific: Be as specific as possible when writing about your business.
- Back claims with data: Any claims you make must be backed with data.
- Be concise: Keep the boilerplate limited to a single paragraph.
- Remove jargon: Your press release is meant for journalists, not industry experts.
How do you draft a boilerplate?
Here are the seven steps to writing an effective and captivating boilerplate:
- Determine the Goal of Your Boilerplate.
- Write a Description of Your Business.
- Add Relevant Business Details.
- Include Your Mission Statement.
- Use Keywords.
- Add a Call-to-Action.
- Refine Your Boilerplate.
What is a boilerplate template?
The term boilerplate refers to standardized text, copy, documents, methods, or procedures that may be used over again without making major changes to the original. A boilerplate is commonly used for efficiency and to increase standardization in the structure and language of written or digital documents.
How many words should a press release be?
The ideal length of a press release is about an A4 side or about 300 to 400 words (the length of a short news item). That’s just three or four short paragraphs and a couple of of quotes.
How much should I charge for a press release?
A range of $500-2500 is standard to retain an experienced, skilled press release writer. At this level, how much you pay will be based on the strength of the writer’s portfolio, expertise in your type of business (B2B versus B2C, technical versus non-technical, etc.), and the quality of understanding for your audience.