What are the 100 ways to cook an egg?
Boiled, scrambled (soft or hard), poached, baked, basted, fried, shirred, coddled, pickled (as in quail eggs) and used to make omelets, quiche, frittatas, and soufflés.
What are the 5 ways to cook eggs?
Five basic ways to cook eggs
- Hard and soft-boiled eggs. Hard-boiled eggs are fully-cooked eggs. …
- Scrambled eggs. Having scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast makes the perfect start of any day. …
- Sunny-side ups. Sunny-side ups are fried eggs that are partially cooked. …
- Omelette. …
- Poached eggs.
What are the 8 ways to cook eggs?
8 Different Ways to Cook Eggs
- Boiled. Boiled Eggs. Boiled Eggs also known as cooking eggs in the shell. …
- Deviled. Deviled Eggs. …
- Fried. Fried & Over-Easy Eggs. …
- Omelet. Spinach Omelet. …
- Scrambled. Scrambled Eggs. …
- Poached Eggs. Poached Eggs / Eggs Benedict. …
- Souffle. Spinach Souffle.
What are the 7 basic ways of cooking egg?
What are the 7 basic ways of cooking egg?
- Soft Boiled or Hard Boiled. A soft-boiled egg is made by placing it, still in its shell, into a pot of boiling water for about three to five minutes.
- Sunny Side Up.
- Over – Easy, Medium or Hard.
What are the 6 ways to cook an egg?
6 Ways to Cook Eggs
- SOFT BOILED. Cookware: Pot. Preperation: Cover eggs with cold water, bring to boil, cover, shut off heat and let sit for 2-8 minutes. …
- HARD BOILED. Cookware: Pot. …
- POACHED. Cookware: Sauté Pan. …
- SUNNY SIDE UP. Cookware: Skillet. …
- OVER EASY. Cookware: Skillet. …
- Scrambled. Cookware: Nonstick Skillet.
How many ways can you cook?
The three types of cooking methods are dry heat cooking, moist heat cooking, and combination cooking. Each of these methods uses heat to affect foods in a different way. All cooking techniques, from grilling to steaming, can be grouped under one of these three methods.
What are the steps to cooking an egg?
- Sunny-Side Up. For sunny-side up eggs, start with a hot nonstick skillet on medium heat. …
- Crack the Eggs. break the eggs into individual bowls. …
- Add the Eggs to the Pan. Add the eggs side by side in the pan.
- Cover When the Edges Turn White. …
- They’re Ready. …
- Over Easy Eggs. …
What is the simplest method of cooking eggs?
Heat some water in a pan and, when it is simmering, use a spoon to drop the eggs into the water carefully. Boil gently for exactly one minute then remove from the heat, put a lid on the pan and leave for 6-7 minutes.
What is the methods of cooking?
There are very many methods of cooking, most of which have been known since antiquity. These include baking, roasting, frying, grilling, barbecuing, smoking, boiling, steaming and braising. A more recent innovation is microwaving. Various methods use differing levels of heat and moisture and vary in cooking time.
What’s the best way to fry an egg?
In a small nonstick over medium heat, melt butter (or heat oil). break egg into pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until white is set. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until yolk is completely set.
What are the five types of fried eggs?
There a four basic styles of fried eggs—sunny side up, over easy, over medium and over well—indicating the level of doneness.
How important is it to know the different ways of preparing and cooking egg?
Thanks to its unique properties, an egg can help bind ingredients, give volume to batter, emulsify liquids, thicken a sauce, provide flavor, clarify a liquid, and even add a nice color or glaze to certain dishes. Because of this, it’s important to know when to use an egg white, egg yolk, or both.
Do you flip fried eggs?
Do you flip a fried egg? You only flip a fried egg when you cook an egg to be over-easy, over-medium, or over-hard.
Can you fry egg with water?
To avoid adding unnecessary calories to your eggs, try frying them in water. Water-fried eggs have no added calories and taste as good as their oil-fried counterparts. You need approximately five minutes to fry an egg in water. Pour 1/2 inch of water into a skillet and place over medium heat.
Are fried eggs healthy?
Research has shown that when eggs are baked for 40 minutes, they may lose up to 61% of their vitamin D, compared to up to 18% when they’re fried or boiled for a shorter period of time ( 11 ). However, even though cooking eggs reduces these nutrients, eggs are still a very rich source of vitamins and antioxidants ( 5 ).
How do you fry E?
How do I get my yolk not to pop?
Flip the egg gently to not break the yolk. If you’re cooking more than one egg, flip each egg one at a time. If you prefer an “over-easy” (runny) yolk, let the egg cook for just 30 seconds more. If you prefer a firm yolk, cook for 60-90 seconds.
What’s a runny egg called?
Sunny side up eggs are eggs cooked until the whites are solid but the yolk is still runny. Usually it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to cook on medium low heat. The round yellow yolk gives a sun-like appearance, hence the name. What are over easy eggs? Over easy eggs are cooked on both sides, but the yolk remains runny.
How do you make fried hot dogs?
Can you put an egg in a microwave?
Crack a large egg into a small microwave-safe bowl, ramekin or mug. … Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the egg for 30 seconds. Remove the egg and check for doneness by gently poking it with your finger.
What do hard eggs look like?
Over hard eggs have a completely cooked yolk, similar to a hard boiled egg. They’re not as sophisticated as their cousin sunny side up with the beautiful, bright yellow yolk.