How do I create a table of contents in InDesign ePub?
How do you set up a table of contents?
Put your cursor where you want to add the table of contents. Go to References > Table of Contents. and choose an automatic style. If you make changes to your document that affect the table of contents, update the table of contents by right-clicking the table of contents and choosing Update Field.
What does a table of contents look like?
A table of contents usually includes the titles or descriptions of first-level headings (chapters in longer works), and often includes second-level headings (sections or A-heads) within the chapters as well, and occasionally even includes third-level headings (subsections or B-heads) within the sections as well.
How do I make a table of contents online?
- Select the text you want to include into the table of contents.
- Open the style menu on the right side of the Home tab at the top toolbar.
- Click the style you want to apply. By default, you can use the Heading 1 – Heading 9 styles.
How do I make a table of contents clickable in Word?
2. Now place the cursor at the position you want to insert the table of linkable contents, click References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents. 3. In the Table of Contents dialog, keep Show page numbers, Right align page numbers and Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers options checked, click Options.
How do you format a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I change the headings in a table of contents?
Update a table of contents
- Go to References > Update Table.
- Select one of the following: Update page numbers only This only updates the pages that the headings are on, and ignores any changes to the heading text. Update entire table This will reflect any updates to the heading text, as well as any page changes.
- Select OK.
How do I insert a heading 2 in a table of contents?
(3) To add a Heading to the Table of Contents, highlight the added heading on the document, and click on the correct “Heading” button ( e.i. Heading 1, or Heading 2, etc.) at the “Styles” Section from the “Home” Tab.
Why is my table of contents not picking up headings?
The problem is that only if the entire paragraph is formatted as a heading will it be included in the TOC. (To update the TOC, right-click on it and choose Update Field.) If headings in tables are still not showing up in your TOC, then it is possible that your document is exhibiting an early sign of corruption.
How do I make a table of contents Not all caps?
The All caps setting is under the Font settings in the Effects section.
- In the Styles pane, right click on the TOC 2 style and select Modify.
- Click on Format and then click on Font.
- Uncheck All caps.
Why is my table of contents not updating?
Typically, the reason is that you’ve forgotten to update the TOC/LOT/LOF – these lists don’t update automatically. There are several ways you can update these lists, but the safest way that seems to work properly every time, is to use the ‘Update Table‘ buttons on the References tab in Word. Go to the References tab.
How do I manually update a table of contents in Word?
Update an existing table of contents
- Locate and click the table of contents in the document.
- Right-click the table of contents and select Update Field in the pop-up menu.
- In the Update Table of Contents window, select the Update entire table option and click the. button.
How do I add subsections to a table of contents in Word?
Creating subsections in your table of contents. To create a subheading in your table of contents, create the subheading in your document. Highlight it and click Heading 2 at the top of your screen. It will be added to your table of contents, nested underneath the appropriate chapter heading.
How do you create a custom style?
Create a new style based on document formatting
- Right-click the text on which you want to base a new style.
- In the mini toolbar that appears, click Styles, and then click Create a Style.
- In the Create New Style from Formatting dialog box, give your style a name and click OK.
How do I create a Mapbox style?
Log in to your Mapbox account and navigate to the Styles page. This is where all your map styles are listed. A style is a set of rules that defines how Mapbox draws your map on the page.
Create a new style
- Click the New style button.
- Find the Monochrome style.
- Click Customize Monochrome.
What is the difference between styles and templates?
Styles keep your formatting consistent within a document. Themes keep your look and feel consistent across multiple documents. Templates allow you to re-use text, and keep your look and feel consistent across multiple documents.
How do I create a custom header in Word?
The next section explains how to customize heading styles.
- Select the Home tab in the ribbon. Figure 1.
- Select the text you want to turn into a heading.
- Select the appropriate heading level in the Styles group.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to move your cursor to the next line.
- Save your file to save your new heading.
How do I create a custom header?
When you have finished creating your header with your page builder, go to Customizer > Header > General, choose Custom Header in the Style option and select your template created in the step 1 in the Select Template option. That’s all! Now you can create the header you want, leave place to your imagination.
How do you create a header?
Insert a header or footer
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer.
- Choose the header style you want to use. Tip: Some built-in header and footer designs include page numbers.
- Add or change text for the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.